|Recipe Name:||Egg bites (IP)||Submitted by:||Julie|
|Preparation Time:||10-30 Minutes|
|Number of Servings:||6|
1/4 Cup(s) cheese, cottage
1/2 Cup(s) chopped mix-ins (meats, veggies cooked or raw)' Found
1/2 Cup(s) cheese, shredded
1. Blend the eggs and cheeses: Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and soft cheese in a blender. Blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
2. Add the mix-ins: Pour the blended egg mixture into a bowl. Add the chopped mix-ins and shredded cheese and stir to combine.
3. Fill the molds: Use a small amount of oil or nonstick cooking spray to grease a silicone egg mold, then ladle 1/4 cup of the mixture into each of the impressions in the mold. Wipe off any drips.
4. Prepare the pressure cooker: Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Carefully transfer the egg mold to the wire steam rack, then place an 8-inch parchment round or piece of aluminum foil on top of the mold to keep condensation from dripping onto the bites as they cook.
Grasping the handles of the steam rack, lower the egg mold into the pot
5. Cook the eggs on low pressure: Secure the lid on the pressure cooker. Make sure that the pressure regulator is set to the “Sealing” position. Select the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” program, then adjust the time to 8 minutes at low pressure. (If making a double batch, increase the cooking time to 10 minutes.)
The pressure cooker will take about 10 minutes to come up to full pressure. Cook time begins once it has reached full pressure.
6. Release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes: When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then perform a quick pressure release by moving the pressure release knob from “Sealing” to “Venting.” It will take a minute or two for the pressure to release completely.
7. Remove the egg bites from the pressure cooker: Wearing heat-proof mitts, grasp the ends of the wire rack to lift the egg bite mold out of the pot. Remove the sheet of parchment and let the bites cool for 2 minutes or so (they will deflate a bit as they cool). Use a spoon to scoop the bites out of the mold and transfer them to a serving dish.
8. Serve the egg bites: While warm, serve the bites (on their own, or with toast or a pile of mixed greens), or refrigerate for up to 3 days in a tightly lidded container. To reheat, microwave very briefly (about 25 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave).