|Recipe Name:||Butterbeer (hot)||Submitted by:||Ryan|
|Preparation Time:||0 Minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4|
1 Cup(s) sugar, brown
2 Tablespoon(s) water
6 Tablespoon(s) butter
1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 Teaspoon(s) vinegar, apple cider
3/4 Cup(s) cream, heavy
1/2 Teaspoon(s) rum extract
48 Ounce(s) cream soda
1. In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
2. Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
4. In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.