2 Teaspoon(s) grated orange rind
3/4 Cup(s) orange juice
1/4 Cup(s) oil, vegetable
1 lightly beaten egg
2 Cup(s) flour
1 Cup(s) sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) baking powder
1 Teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 Teaspoon(s) baking soda
2 Cup(s) coursely chopped cranberries
33/100 Cup(s) chopped toasted walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. (Lower to 400 right before placing the muffins in the oven.)
2) Combine orange rind, orange juice, canola oil and egg in a bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir until just combine.
3) Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
4) Coat muffin tin with oil and pour in batter. (I filled the cups to the very top to make 12 big muffins.) Sprinkle sugar on top. Lower oven heat to 400 degrees. Bake for about 17 minutes, or until the muffin top springs back when touched.
5) Run a knife around outer edge of each muffin cup. Carefully remove each muffin.
I substituted 1 cup of craisins for the 2 cups of fresh cranberries. I soaked the craisins in warm water for 10 minutes. The muffins were great. If you take them out too soon, they sink in the middle. If you take them out too late, they burn on the bottom.