1/4 Cup(s) soy sauce
1/4 Cup(s) sherry, dry
1 Cup(s) water
1 Pound(s) in .25 inch pieces chicken breast
2 Tablespoon(s) oil, sesame
1 Tablespoon(s) corn starch
1 Tablespoon(s) flour
1/2 Teaspoon(s) zest from orange
1/4 Cup(s) chicken broth
1/4 Cup(s) orange juice
1/4 Cup(s) vinegar, white
2 Teaspoon(s) soy sauce, black
2 Teaspoon(s) oyster sauce
1. Combine soy sauce, sherry, and water in medium bowl; add chicken and stir to break up clumps. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Mix sesame oil, cornstarch, flour, and orange zest in medium bowl until smooth. Drain chicken in mesh strainer or colander; press out excess liquid. Toss chicken in cornstarch/flour mixture until evenly coated.
3. Whisk chicken broth, orange juice, vinegar, soy, hoisin, cornstarch, sugar, and pepper flakes in small bowl until combined; set aside. Combine ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon peanut oil in small bowl; set aside.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until smoking; add half of chicken to skillet in flat, even layer. Cook, without stirring, but gently separating pieces, until golden brown on first side, about 1 minute; turn chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on second side, about 30 seconds. Transfer chicken to clean bowl. Repeat with additional 2 teaspoons peanut oil and remaining chicken.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil to now-empty skillet; heat until just smoking. Add broccoli and cook 30 seconds; add 1/4 cup water, cover pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Cook broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, then transfer broccoli to paper towel-lined plate. Add garlic/ginger mixture to skillet, increase heat to medium-high and cook, mashing mixture with spoon, until fragrant, sticky, and golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds. Return chicken to skillet and toss to combine. Whisk sauce to recombine, then add to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and evenly distributed, about 1 minute. Off heat, add broccoli and cashews and stir to combine. Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with scallions, and serve.