2 Cup(s) (soaked at least 6 hrs) beans, white
2 Tablespoon(s) oil, olive
1 diced onion, yellow
3 Clove(s) finely chopped garlic
3 peeled, chopped 1/2 carrot
3 fresh and chopped oregano
3 fresh, chopped thyme
5 Cup(s) chicken stock
2 skin removed Smoked turkey leg
1 Teaspoon(s) to taste Sea salt
1 Teaspoon(s) to taste freshly ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
Instant Pot version:
1. On the saute function, drizzle with olive oil and add chopped onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until softened but not caramelized.
2. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
3. Add carrots, celery, and fresh herbs and saute for another minute.
4. Add soaked beans, turkey, bay leaves, and stock.
5. Place lid on pot and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes (adjust for the type of beans you are using. Recipe says 20 minutes, which would turn them to mush.)
6. Do a quick release and use immersion blender to blend some of the soup into a creamy texture.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SLOW COOKER VERSION
1. In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle with olive oil and saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add mixture to the slow cooker.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
3. Once done, use an immersion blender to blend some of the soup for a creamy texture.
4. Ladle in bowls, and garnish with fresh thyme and a drizzle of olive oil.