3/4 Pound(s) beef, ground
1 Teaspoon(s) garlic powder
1 Teaspoon(s) cumin
12 (corn or flour) cut into fourths tortilla
1 Can(s) 28 oz. green enchilada sauce
16 Ounce(s) shredded cheese, cheddar
1 Cup(s) sour cream
1 chopped onion, yellow
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, seasoning with the spices and salt and pepper to taste. When cooked, fully drain it and blot with paper towels to absorb the extra grease.
3. Line the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish with 1/2 of the tortillas.
4. Top with 1/2 of the beef, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/2 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the enchilada sauce. Repeat layers, ending with cheese and enchilada sauce.
5. Tent with aluminum foil (not touching or the cheese will bake on the foil).
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly - don't let cheese brown. Let stand 5 minutes before digging in.
Per Serving: 454 Calories; 20g Fat; 35g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 686mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: A big green salad is totally adequate.